Jump to the main text
Projector Quick Connection is an application that projects images, documents, and web pages from an smart devices onto a Hitachi Projector by transferring them through a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi).
You can use an smart device to easily control the projector allowing you to have a smooth presentation.
When projecting documents, pictures and web pages, remote control can also be used.
[Functions that can be Controlled Remotely]
- Standby/On - Input - Volume - Audio Mute - Blank - Freeze
From the "Contents" tab in Projector Quick Connection, you can project images, documents, and web pages onto a Hitachi Projector.
2-1. Project Images
Projector Quick Connection imports images from the smart device Camera Roll and projects them onto a Hitachi Projector.
2-2. Project Documents
You can project various documents through Hitachi projector.
You can project a variety of documents onto a Hitachi Projector. (View specifications)
* Please refer to 3rd item of "Convenience Function".
2-3. Project Websites
You can project websites onto a Hitachi Projector. You can also save bookmarks of frequently visited sites and easily open those sites.
1. Display Mode
You can split the screen into 4 parts and simultaneously project up to 4 iPads and computers from the Display Mode in the Projection Quick Connection Option Settings tab.
[Files that can be Projected]
- Microsoft® Word (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft® Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Pages (.pages)
- Numbers (.number)
- Keynote (.key)
- PDF (.pdf)
- JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)
- PNG (.png)
You can set a slideshow from "Options" while projecting images, and view the slideshow of the selected images.
* The images in the slideshow switch smoothly, so you can change the order of the images.
3. iCloud Setting(Only Apple iOS Device)
Files saved in the Projector Quick Connection "Document" folder are automatically uploaded to iCloud, and the same data can be viewed from iPads and iPhones using the same iCloud account.
-How to turn the iCloud setting On/Off
* Regardless of the communication speed, such as Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G, files can be uploaded to and downloaded from iCloud.
-How to add files inserted from iTunes onto iCloud (iCloud setting: "ON")
In order to add documents inserted from iTunes onto iCloud, the files must be manually added to iCloud from the iTunes folder.
* For details about how to add documents from iTunes, refer to the "document files with iTunes" in
* Documents that are saved on iCloud can not add to iTunes folder.
Camera function can project the caputured images of books and objects that was taken by camera function instead of document camera.
4-1. Photograph Mode
* You can use "Marker Function", "Recapture", "Projector Control", and "Option", when it is Photograph Mode.
4-2. Preview Mode Setting (Default of preview : off)
When the photograph mode is active, you can set the preview functions tapping the option button.
Marker function can project contents (documents, pictures, web sites, and camera) by using fingers.
5-1. Drawing Function
* Choose a pen from Pen button, fluorescence pen button, and figure button.
5-2. Open other application / Save the image to the camera roll.
You can save pictures that drew on the display to camera roll in png form. Or open other application.
6. Easy Web Access Control
6-1. Easy Projector Web Access Control
You can access to the projector web control easily that control various settings such as Hitachi projector from web pages.
You need to enter User Name and Password when using projector web control.
User Name and Password is below in default
User Name: Administrator
Password: (there is no password at the time of factory shipment)
* Crestron Room Viewer is made by Flash, so it is incompatible with iOS.
* Please read instruction manual of network, when you need to know the detail of Projector Web Control.
1. Compatible Devices
|Application||Compatible OS version|
|Projector Quick Connection for iPad® (Free)||iOS 8.0 or later|
Projector Quick Connection for iPhone® (Free)
iOS 8.0 or later
Projector Quick Connection for Android (Free)
Android 2.3 or later
2. Connection Settings
To connect a Hitachi Projector to Projector Quick Connection, the smart device and Hitachi projector must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
The optional USB wireless adapter (USB-WL-11N) can be needed to make wireless environment.
2-1-1. Configuring an iPad/iPhone Wi-Fi
Use the following instructions to connect an iPad/iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
2-1-2. Configuring an Android Wi-Fi
Configuring an Android device Wi-Fi. Use the follwing instructions to connect an Android device to a Wi-Fi network.
2-1-3. Configuring a Hitachi Projector Wi-Fi
Use the following instructions to connect a Hitachi Projector to a Wi-Fi network.
* For the wireless LAN settings, refer to the instruction manual (here).
Hitachi Projectors support infrastructure and ad hoc modes.
* It is incompatible to connect Ad hoc mode, when using Android devices.
Start Projector Quick Connection (PJ Connection), and then tap the "Discovery" button on the upper right corner to perform an automatic search for Hitachi Projectors. Tap the found projector, and then tap the "Save" button to complete the registration of the Hitachi Projector.
Tap " information" on the lower right corner of a projector icon. From "Setup," you can edit the projector.
You must download the dedicated application from the iTunes App Store℠.
You must download the dedicated application from the Google Play.